You have no items in your Cart
The Chair That Grows With The Child™
- The Tripp Trapp® chair + baby set with harness bundle brings your baby to the dining table and closer to the family
- This configuration is suitable from when your child is able to sit unaided (approx. 6 months)
- Baby Set provides exceptional side and back support for your baby to acquire the important skill of leaning to sit
- Tripp Trapp® chair has depth and height adjustable seat & footplate
- Not only are the Tripp Trapp® bundles a convenient shopping experience, but they also provide more value than purchasing each item separately
The Chair That Grows With The Child™
- This chair plus baby set and harness configuration provides everything your child needs from 6 months to 3 years.
- Your child can comfortably sit at the dining table and enjoy mealtimes with the rest of family.
- Easy to clean
Comfort & Design
- Classic, iconic design that will never go out of style.
- Unique adjustability of seat and footplate to ensure both back and feet support for any age.
- Stable footrest that supports your child and provides comfort.
- Solid construction that can hold up to a 242 lb adult.
- Array of color and wood choices that match any décor.
- 5-point harness provided with babyset
- Extended 7-year warranty available on wooden components.
- Water-based, non-toxic paint.
- No harmful substances/free from bisphenol and phthalates.
The chair that grows with the child®
Use your Tripp Trapp® chair from newborn to adulthood with the right accessory
Product Size (cm/in): 52.5 x 19.8 x 80.2 / 20.7 x 7.8 x 31.6 Suitable for age: from 6 ~ to 50 (months)
- this item is included Tripp Trapp® Chair
- this item is included Tripp Trapp Baby set with 5-point harness
- this item is included Extended Gliders
Learn about Tripp Trapp®
Learn about Tripp Trapp®
What are the differences between the Stokke® Tripp Trapp® and the Stokke® Steps™ ranges?
The clear difference are customer preferences, features and accessories. Both highchairs encourage the family to sit together from birth. The clear differences are in features and accessories.
The Tripp Trapp® is a high chair that grows with the child, from birth to adulthood. The ergonomic design allowing the child to sit comfortably with the foot plate.
The Steps™ is an All-in-One seating system, that starts with a bouncer which can be used from birth, transcending into a Baby Set with a tray to a high chair that can be used until 10 years of age.
How do I clean my Tripp Trapp®?
After use, specifically during feeding, we recommend that you wipe the Tripp Trapp® and Tripp Trapp® Baby Set with a damp cloth.
Are all Stokke® Tripp Trapp® Cushions water-repellent?
Yes, nearly all of the Tripp Trapp ® cushions are water-repellent; look for the ones marked with easy-wipe symbol on the sales packaging
Why did Stokke® change from a wooden safety rail to the current plastic Tripp Trapp® Baby Set™?
There are several advantages to the current Tripp Trapp® Baby Set made from recyclable plastic over the previous wooden design:
- The shape encourages a proper seating posture from the very beginning and in a addition it serves as a correct adjustment of the chair's settings.
- The two separate leg spaces and that the front bar offers a more precise fit increases its safety.
- Furthermore the new set is easy to clean (it can even go in the dishwasher).
What are the weight and dimensions of the Stokke® Tripp Trapp®?
When In the box, the Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chair measures 80 x 51 x 9 cm. and weighs 7 kg.
Dimensions of the chair after assembly are 79 x 49 x 46 cm.
I own several Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chairs which are nominally of the same color but look different. Can this be?
All Stokke® furniture is made from wood, which, as a natural product, may show a degree of natural variance. Also, we source our wood from several sustainable sources and we cannot therefore guarantee individual chairs will have come from the same stand of trees. Finally, the color of the wood may change over time under the influence of UV light and oxygen.
My new Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chair seems wobbly after assembly. Did I do something wrong?
We are sorry to see you are having issues with a wobbly Tripp Trapp. It should be noted that Tripp Trapp chairs can be assembled in a way that makes them wobbly and the utmost care must be taken when assembling the chair to avoid any such issues. Besides the visual guidelines provided within the User Guide, we ask that you try to reassemble the chair with a set of specific guidelines in an effort to resolve the issues you are facing. Doing so would spare you the time it would take for a new set of legs to arrive, as reassembly is an inevitable part of the solution. Additionally, in case the chair is not assembled in accordance with the guidelines, the wobbling issue would present itself even with a brand new set of legs.
Please proceed as such:
1) Start to disassemble the chair – it is enough to loosen all the screws so that nothing is tightened and the seat and foot plate can both be easily adjusted within the grooves. All the parts can remain intact, as nothing needs to be removed.
2) Ensure that you have assembled the floor brace the correct way so that the warning label is facing towards the rear of the chair. If you have attached the floor brace so that the warning label is facing downwards diagonally, remove it, turn it around and flip it so it looks as it does in the User Guide. Tighten the floor brace on both sides.
3) Ensure the seat and foot plate are both flush. If either of the plates remain in the grooves of the leg crooked, it can cause one of the plates to be more loose than the other. The seat plate should not exceed more than 6-7cm in depth. If the seat plate is reaching too far outwards, it can cause problems with stability of the chair and also cause discomfort for children, whose thighs are not long enough to reach over the edge, which in turn can reduce blood circulation to their feet. Additionally, crooked plates can cause the assembled chair to emit creaking noises with any bit of weight placed on them.
4) Start tightening the screws from bottom to top, beginning with the bottom metal bar, then the top metal bar and then the two back laminates. When tightening these screws, stop at the first sign of resistance while making sure the plates are still flush.
5) Once the screws have been tightened at the first sign of resistance, go from bottom to top again to fully tighten the screws – you may do this while standing on both legs of the chair to ensure the legs are still standing steady and do not twist to create a wobbling chair situation. Ensure that you do not overtighten any of the screws – especially the metal bars. The upper metal bar is designed to have a gap, as indicated within the User Guide. Overtightening any of the screws with too much force can damage the chair.
6) Once the chair has been fully tightened, the assembly of the chair is complete.
7) If there is still a light wobble, it is commonly a result of overtightening the floor brace. As these are the first screws to fully be tightened, it is very easy to accidentally overtighten these screws. To eliminate this problem, simply loosen the floor brace by half a turn on both sides. The chair should no longer be wobbly.
If there is still an issue with wobbling, it is possible that there may be an issue with some parts of the chair not being symmetrical enough, or the holes of the legs of the chair not being fully aligned in mirror image. Overtightening the chair will amplify any deviation between the two legs.
Where do I find the serial number of my Tripp Trapp®?
The serial number of the Tripp Trapp® can be found underneath the right side of the chair.
Can I use the Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chair at our bar table?
The Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chair has been designed for use at tables with a standard height, i.e. between 72 and 76 cm. It is therefore not suitable for use at bar tables.
How do I know whether my Tripp Trapp® chair is compatible with the Stokke® Baby Set™ and Newborn Set™?
The current Tripp Trapp® Baby Set™ is compatible with all Tripp Trapp® chairs produced after June 2006. If your chair was manufactured between June 2006 – May 2013, the ® Baby Set would still fit, but the Extended Gliders included with the Baby Set would not. The serial number and production date are printed on the bottom of the right side leg.
If you are unable to make out this information on your Tripp Trapp® chair, you can also measure the gap between the two back rest pieces: prior to June 2006, this measured approx. 2.5 cm, while on chairs since June 2006 it is approx. 3.5 cm. Chairs produced before June 2006 are not compatible with the current ® Baby Set.
What is the maximum recommended load that can be safely placed on the Stokke® Tripp Trapp® chair?
For GS Mark (Tested Safety) certification, the Tripp Trapp® chair was tested according to various standards.
One of these is a standard called DIN 68 878, which is a quality norm for adult chairs.
This standard involves a dynamic test where 110 kg/ 242.5 lbs is placed on the seat, which is then tilted backwards 6000 times.
The Tripp Trapp® chair passes all the tests in that standard, which means a load of up to 110 kg/ 242.5 lbs can be safely placed on the chair.
Can I remove the safety sticker on my Tripp Trapp®?
For safety reasons please do not remove the label. This label has important information. Removing the sticker may damage the lacquer or leave glue residue.