You have no items in your Cart
- Stokke® Tripp Trapp®
- Stokke® Tripp Trapp® Accessories
- Stokke® Steps™
- Stokke® Clikk™
- Stokke® Nomi®
- Ezpz™ by Stokke™
- Stokke® Munch
- Stokke® Xplory®
- Stokke® Xplory® X
- Stokke® Xplory Accessories
- BABYZEN™ YOYO²
- BABYZEN™ YOYO Accessories
- Stokke® Beat™
- Stokke® Crusi™
- Stokke® Scoot™
- Stokke® Trailz
- Stokke® Izi Go Modular™ by BeSafe®
- Stokke® iZi Go™ by BeSafe®
- Stokke® MyCarrier™
- Stokke® Sleepi™ Mini & Bed
- Stokke® Sleepi™ Mattress & Textiles
- Stokke® Sleepi™ Dresser, Changer, Changing table
- Stokke® Flexi Bath®
- Stokke® Bounce'n'Sleep™
- Stokke® MuTable™ V2
- Stokke® MuTable™ V1
- JetKids by Stokke® CloudSleeper™
- JetKids by Stokke® Bedbox™
- JetKids by Stokke® Crew Backpack
- Stokke® Limas™
- Stokke® Care™
- Stokke® HandySitt™
- Stokke® Home™ Cradle
- Stokke® Home™ Bed
- Stokke® Home™ Mattress & Textiles
- Stokke® Home Dresser & Stokke® Home Changer
- Stokke® Warranty
- Stokke® iZi Go Modular™ X1 by BeSafe®
- Contact Customer Service
- Shipping & Returns
- Important Safety Annoucement
- Product Reclamations
- Important Ergonomic and Usage Information
From what age can the Stokke® MyCarrier be used?
The Stokke® MyCarrier has 3 positions
Front carrier – facing inwards
From 4 weeks (minimum 3.5 kg /7.7 lb and 53 cm/21inch.)
Babies need variation. We therefore recommend that you limit the time your newborn spends in Stokke® MyCarrier to 20 minutes in the beginning.
Front carrier - facing outwards
For when your child can hold their head unaided. Every child is unique, but a rough guide is around 5 months. You may, of course, also continue to carry your baby facing inwards.
For when your child is 9 months and can sit unaided. At this time, you may begin using the back carrier. The seat can be adjusted when your child is approximately 18 months to ensure a better view.
How do I adjust the carrier to fit my newborn (from 4 weeks)?
• Place the waist belt high around your waist and tighten the waist belt and shoulder straps firmly.
• Position the attachment strap in one of the four loops at the same level as your armpit.
• Place your baby inside and adjust the attachment straps and the headrest to make sure your baby is well supported and comfortable. Your baby should now be positioned high up on your chest in the “kissing position” where you can easily kiss your baby’s head. Make sure to give your baby some space in the headrest to move a bit and breathe properly.
How long can I keep my newborn in the Stokke® MyCarrier™?As babies need to change their position regularly, we recommend keeping your child in the Stokke® MyCarrier for no more than 20 minutes in the beginning. You may gradually increase the time as your baby grows and develops.
Is the head of my baby properly supported in the Stokke® MyCarrier™?
”When adjusted correctly, the carrier gives good support for the baby’s head. MyCarrier offers some room for movement so that the baby can decide its head positioning on their own and strengthen their neck muscles.”
Vibeke Smith Aulie. Child Pediatric Physiotherapist
Can the Stokke® MyCarrier™ give proper support for my baby’s back?
”Infants are born with a curved back and gradually develops an S-shaped spine as they start to stand and walk. MyCarrier has an adjustable width so that it always gives your baby proper support, from 4 weeks up to 3 years.”
Vibeke Smith Aulie. Child Pediatric Physiotherapist"
Why are the baby's legs spread so widely in the Stokke® MyCarrier?
The design of the Stokke® MyCarrier ensures your baby is seated in the baby carrier with proper support for their buttocks and thighs.
The wide leg position provides an optimal ergonomic position to promote proper growth and development of the baby’s hips. Stokke® MyCarrier has been acknowledged by The International Hip Dysplasia Institute (IHDI) and medical experts as a ""hip-healthy"" product.
What is the maximum weight of the Stokke® MyCarrier™?The maximum weight for the Stokke® MyCarrier is 15kg (for both the front and back carrier).
How should I maintain the textiles of the Stokke® MyCarrier?
Please note that the colour may initially run in the laundry so it is advisable to wash the carrier separately.
Cotton version: colour will fade over time as a result of washing. Most stains can be removed with a damp cloth.
When you do decide to wash the carrier textiles, please follow the washing instructions on the care label:
Wash at 40°C. Remove the aluminium bars before washing. Use detergent without bleach. Gently spin-dry. Stretch when wet to keep original shape. Dry flat at room temperature, away from sunlight or direct heat. DO NOT tumble dry or iron.